Friday, October 25, 2013

The Joy of a Salad Spinner

I realized while cutting up my veggies for a salad and the ease of washing it all with my salad spinner that it brought me great joy. Truly, great joy. All the colors were playing with my eyes, I could feel their freshness and taste the crunch before I had even taken a bite. Cooking brings so many pleasures, but the amazing array of colors I get to interact with while prepping has to be one of the highlights. This salad spinner has an awesomely bright green insert that is a nice frame to hold everything. My point in writing this, and sharing the image, is to remind you of just how amazing life can be if you stop and see some of the simple wonder right in front of you. There is even satisfaction in pulling the cord to spin out the water, grateful that I have hands that offer me the ability to do so. Oh, I know... it all sounds a bit Polly-Anna but I think she knew how to see things in a happy light. And I do too. Take a moment today and spin some fresh thinking in to your heart. It can be right in front of you, just waiting to be noticed.

Salad spinner and Fresh Salad Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment