Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sloppy Joe-Joe

Sloppy Joe on Sesame Bun and Cheese Topping
When Sloppy Joe's were on the school lunch menu, I did not pack my lunch. I seldom wanted what was on the monthly menu, but for some reason...Sloppy Joe's were a good thing. I still love them and although I only eat them once or twice a year, they bring back all kinds of yummy memories. No one really knows where the name came from, or when it was first invented...but I think when you discover something delicious and satisfying, it doesn't matter who invented it. How come Sloppy Joe's aren't on the menu everywhere? It's a humble sandwich, but if you add some interesting toppings it could be amazing, and kids love them.

Second to this is another childhood favorite, Girl Scout Goulash. Both of these foods are great for a campfire cookout and I hope you will enjoy one some time soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment