Monday, September 30, 2013

Homestyle Meatloaf Monday



This is truly homestyle meatloaf.

No one taught me to cook. Basics is where we all begin. I don't have any data, but if you still eat meat, you probably eat meatloaf every once and awhile. Most people I know seem to prefer a cold meatloaf sandwich. I sliced this up with one of my serrated steak knives which chews up the cut edges a bit but I don't like things to look too perfectly sliced when it comes to homestyle. Of course, ketchup is the most popular topping—I also added a few green peppercorns for the fun of it. If you want to cut a few calories, skip the bread. A serving of three skinny slices is very satisfying. As I said, no one taught me to cook...this hardly classifies as anything special but it does fall into the comfort food category at diners. Anyone can do it. A small side added to this and you have a nice meal.

The ingredients are simple. Hamburger, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, ketchup, and a bit of salt & pepper. If you want something else added to the mix, well that's good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment