Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer Garden Green Bean Sandwich


Summer Garden Green bean sandwich
Crunchy and fresh. This is my favorite original sandwich creation. The main ingredient, a generous amount of French green beans set atop a bed of mixed greens and topped off with a few slices of heirloom tomatoes.

The real kick is the drizzle dressing. My usual go-to on this is a light balsamic but today I tried a new twist. Serving this with a side of sliced fingerlings, I wanted something I could use on both the sandwich and put on the pan crispy potatoes. I like spicy food, so I also added some red pepper flakes.

The mix includes course ground dijon with the whole mustard seed, light soy sauce, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and a small amount of house Italian. Once the dijon base was established, it was all a splash of this, a splash of that.


For a little extra punch, add a small dollop of straight dijon on the tomatoes and potatoes.

Measurements will vary with how many people you are serving as well as your particular taste. If you want to cut out some calories, forget the dressing and just enjoy the freshness of these delicious ingredients.

TIP. Whenever you have wet ingredients on a sandwich, I recommend lightly toasting the bread.


green bean sandwich and side of fingerlings
Sliced on plate Ciabatta Green Bean Sando with a side of crispy fingerlings

No comments:

Post a Comment