Friday, August 23, 2013

Specialty Ingredients: Vine to Brine and Beyond

green peppercorns on spoon and plate
The first time I tasted these amazing blasts of peppery flavor
was in a cream sauce over steak.

My French friends made it for dinner and had it not been for my good manners, I certainly would have licked the plate.

I don't know if you think much about using brined green peppercorns in your recipes but I'm sending you a little reminder.

All the way from Madagascar, green peppercorns are a wonderful addition to many recipes and have an exuberant zippy zest of delicious.

No calories in these, which is nice
but if you're stirring them in to a cream based sauce...well, you know, something's gotta give.



TIP: These are truly peppery, so if you have not tried them yet, start with a small amount and add more if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment