Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer Chicken Salad with Watermelon and Feta Dressing

I've been thinking about my mom a lot lately. She had so many people to feed every day, three times a day. There were eleven of us. Seven kids, and two grandmothers, plus mom and dad. Whew! In the summer it was frequently stuff on the grill for weekends with dad cooking, but most of it was on my mom. I don't like to cook much in the summer, it's just too hot to have an appetite, especially late in the season. I can't remember what mom prepared on a daily basis with all those mouths to feed. The grocery shopping alone was a feat. After years and years of doing it herself, she finally had groceries delivered by the local market. One thing I do remember is watermelon! Juicy, cool watermelon. After corn, I don't think there is anything that says summer like watermelon. This light salad, served two ways is perfect with chunky mash watermelon dressing. I added some red wine vinegar, some cranberry and pomegranate sauce I had in the freezer, a tad of lemon juice, a splash of orange juice, a little black pepper and some feta.




Chicken Salad with Bell Pepper Boats

Watermelon Feta Dressing

Chicken Salad Array

No comments:

Post a Comment