Monday, August 25, 2014

Cold Au Gratin Potato Salad

I made some homemade au gratin potatoes and had leftovers. Usually I just reheat them but I thought I'd try something different. These are cold, so I took a few small pie slices and used them in a salad with some black bean and lentil mix, also cold. Mixed greens are a great go-to and they work both as a salad base or on an open-faced sandwich. The sandwich toppings can be anything you like. Sriracha and yellow mustard work perfectly on the sandwich, and tomato and feta are nice on the salad. My guess is that if you like potato salad, you're going to like either one of these.  Lightly toast your bread for a crispier base. All I had on hand was sourdough, but a nice alternative would be some delicious, nutty whole grain bread. You may decide to eat the cold au gratin potatoes all by themselves and that's good too. Salad and summer go together, and a cold serving of au gratins is a great escape from the heat.

Au Gratin Slices on Mixed GreenSalad

Au Gratin Slices on Mixed Green Salad Open-Faced Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment