Monday, August 18, 2014

Black Bean and Lentil Vegetable Soup with Blueberries

Add a little bright surprise to your black bean and lentil soup with some blueberries. I'm always looking for a way to switch things up with some of my standing favorites and this did the trick. Lots of other goodness went in to this soup including green tea which is another one of my special adds to many recipes. This is a tasting plate to make sure it was all working together. I made a huge pot of soup and have some more veggies to add today. I let it rest overnight, and as I mentioned in one other post, black beans put a dark cast on most ingredients, so I suggest adding these extras just before you are ready to serve. Cook them separately and then toss them in to keep the colors bright and fresh.
You can also use this as a sauce. I think it would be nice on pork loin. Freeze what you don't use and it's on hand for your next quick meal. Enjoy!

Tasting plate of black bean and lentil soup with blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment