Monday, July 28, 2014

A Beautiful and Bold Plate of Vegetables, Chicken and Rice to Share

Vegetables, Chicken and RIce Plate

All-in-one meals are easy to make and can include so many delicious ingredients. With this dinner plate it looks extra nice on the presentation side of things and it's yummy hot or cold. I'm pretty hooked on my friend Larry's chile powder and spices; it seems almost every meal I make lately has one or more of his amazing flavors in the mix. Peppahead is my new go to for authentic chile infusion.

I have a lot going on in this...Spinach, carrots, tomatoes, red bell peppers, mushrooms, green beans, broccolini, chicken and rice. Some were leftovers I needed to use and others were freshly cut. I cooked the chicken right in with all the other ingredients in a nice deep pot and let it simmer for about and hour. I plated the rice and then served the veg and chicken mix on top. It's been really hot here so I only ate a little, but I am going to have it for lunch today and I expect it to taste even better. Again, I especially like the green plate for this. It brings out all the colors in a vivid display and the rice does not get lost like it does sometimes on a white plate. The light cooking broth with the red chile is always a nice color pop, and juicy good!

No comments:

Post a Comment