Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spicy Pork and Baked Bean Soup with Veggies and More Pork

Well, I can't say I've ever made this. Pork and Bean soup...but it was quite good and feels like a warm hug in a cozy setting. I think everyone has their favorite pork and bean recipe but this was a new twist for me.

I did slow cook the pork and all the ingredients for hours and hours. Nice chops atop some spinach and carrots. Then I added some canned baked beans, brown sugar, vinegar, dijon mustard, ketchup, black pepper, green pepper corns, red pepper flakes, a few squeezes of sriracha and thyme to the mix. It's tangy and tame at the same time. It's worth giving a try. If you don't eat meat...go for veggie beans and add in tofu.

Start.
Pork chops in Crock Pot

Finish.
Pork and Bean Soup with Veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment