Sunday, December 1, 2013

Classic Ham and Eggies on Toast with Cheese Melt

There's been a whole lot of cooking going on the past few days and I just wanted something simple. The fridge is kind of cleared out but I had some boiled ham, eggs and cheese. This tasty toast was created in a jiff. I took the boiled ham and sliced it in to super thin ribbons and did a quick crisp in a pan. Hard cooked eggs were the next layer. Then I sprinkled a little cheese. A few more egg slices, a little more cheese, and last was a light garnish of the crispy ham. Warm for a minute or two in the oven for the cheese melt. Half a slice is plenty if you have a large loaf of bread. This is yummy sourdough. My favorite.

Maybe something for you to try if you want quickie eats. If you don't eat meat, I suggest zucchini ribbons as the base. Just cook them to a nice crispy and it will be equally, if not more delicious. The color contrast of egg and zucchini is lovely.

A slice of delight, classic ham and eggies
Open Faced Ham and Eggies
Ham and Eggs on Toast





No comments:

Post a Comment