Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Clean Plate Club Sticks and Stacks

After the party
I don't usually cook for parties but a friend needed help over the holiday's at the very last minute. And, I mean the very last minute. Both over Christmas and for New Year's Eve. So, I went and did the shopping, and then on to chopping and cooking for a relatively unnumbered amount of people. It was an open house. Add to that, there was hardly any room in the fridge. It was no easy task. We stacked the party plates with kindling wood to give some rise in the minimal space. This little trick was one of the most interesting things that came out of this event. So, if you find yourself in a bind, and are short on space…try it. Use some clean, new kindling that you can find at your local grocer. They are about one inch square and a foot long. It's a bit of a quick fix and you do have to be careful when placing the plates, but it works. If you need a higher rise you can tie two sticks together with string or use a good rubber band to secure them. If the sticks are too long you can either saw them shorter, or slightly angle them. I did not attend the party, but my friend sent me a text saying it all went well. This is one of the after party shots…sorry I did not think to take an image of the sticks and stacks, I had no idea I would be writing about it…it really is a great solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment