Sunday, October 25, 2015

Tomato Two Ways. Baked Tomato with Mozzarella or Cold with Vinaigrette

Short on time? Hot or cold, one thick slice of heirloom tomato makes a delicious light lunch or dinner meal. The first was topped with mozzarella cheese and a very light red wine vinaigrette. I was out of basil, so I used a little sliced romaine to garnish. The second is a broil baked tomato with mozzarella, a bit of marinara sauce that was thinned down and finely grated Parmesan. I cooked it right on the plate to let the juice from the tomato and the sauce run together. Simply delicious. I ate them both. First the cold and then the hot. When you have the ingredients for each, why not prepare them two ways and enjoy the different presentation. I pepper just about everything, and I added chile flakes to both of these for a little extra pop. I like them plain, but you could add just about anything, from artichoke to prosciutto.

 Single Slice of Tomato with Mozzarella Cheese and red wine vinaigrette

Baked Single Slice of Tomato with Mozzarella Cheese -Marinara Sauce and Parmesan Cheese

Baked Single Slice of Tomato with Mozzarella Cheese and Marinara Sauce


No comments:

Post a Comment