Thursday, October 1, 2015

Grilled Chickpea Sandwich with Cheese, Broccolini, and Zucchini Side

Grilled Chick Pea, Cheese and Broccolini Sanwich
Had some chickpeas left over from the recent roast and decided to make a grilled chickpea sandwich. Sounded good to me.

I smashed the soft chickpeas and topped them with some shredded cheese and broccolini. Then a generous squeeze of Sriracha Chili Sauce. I served it with a broad slice side of zucchini, sprinkled lightly with chia and flax seeds, plus a small bite of artichoke and a few of the crunchy roasted chickpeas.

After I made it and shot the photo, I thought it would be good with the zucchini on the sandwich. So, I opened it up and put a slice inside. I liked it both ways. The leftover chickpeas could have gone into a few things but making a sandwich was new for me. Maybe you will like it too?


Grilled Chick Pea, Cheese and Broccolini Sandwich,Side of Zucchini

No comments:

Post a Comment