Monday, January 23, 2017

Poached Salmon Bisque

Wow. It's been awhile since I have blogged. Mostly because I am not cooking nearly as much as I used to. Food is not the focus of my day any longer. With dietary/nutrition changes and growing concerns over what is inside our food, it has become quite a challenge. I've even changed my toothpaste to non-fluoride and don't use tap water anymore to rinse or prepare food. I use non-fluoridated bottled water. I am overly concentrated on this fluoride issue since I have done extensive research. Fluoride is toxic! I don't want to be cooking it into my meals. If you eat out you have no control over fluoride in the water. I encourage you to do your own research and decide for yourself how you feel about this.

I eat soup and salad most days so it makes it a bit tough to do a food blog with little variety. I have ideas and opinions I can share, and will likely move in this direction for future blogs. Not exclusively, but with so much information on food and food safety coming out, it might be good to share what I read and research.

Okay, back to food. Last night I made poached salmon, mashed potatoes and steamed spinach for dinner. It was a beautiful plate, but after cooking it I was not hungry. Fresh fish is the only way to go, so I had to cook it.

I stuck it all in the fridge. Three hours later I thought...hmm. I'll make some soup out of it. A small portion of warm and yummy soup was more to my liking. I did toss in some chile flakes and added pepper to the mix of precooked ingredients. I used a can of cream of mushroom soup and some marinara sauce to make quick work of the soup base. Not ideal, but it was tasty. Made the soup and then squeezed in a bit of fresh Meyer lemon. Excellent overall flavor and the small portion was perfect.

Nothing fancy, but it was fancy good. Next time you're not into a full meal, take some leftovers and make soup. It's a cup of kindness your body will appreciate and nothing goes to waste.

Poached Salmon Soup


No comments:

Post a Comment