Wednesday, May 6, 2015

How Much Cheese is Too Much Cheese?

cheese on top of cheese with garnish


I've been really busy lately and have not been much for a sit down meal. What this means is I graze on small bites throughout the day. Many times grabbing a slice of cheese, a cheese stick, a spoon or two of cottage cheese, add some cheese to a small bowl of soup, or make half a cheese sandwich. That's a crazy amount of cheese. I always have salad in the fridge and other things to make, but some days I just keep eating cheese. I did this image at the end of the day, laughing at myself for how it all adds up. This visual food for the day scenario is both laughable and not. Without variety, and certainly adding in fruits and veggies your body is not going to be very happy; plus it packs on some heavy calories and salt. One cheese slice is 104 calories and 468 mg. of sodium. Yikes. Add in a cheese stick and it's another 80 calories and 220 mg. of sodium. You can see where I am headed with this. Yes, cheese has its benefits, and it makes everything yummier, but it should be used sparingly as a treat. If you want to cut calories and are on a low salt diet…I'm giving you the same advice I'm giving myself. Don't buy it. If it's not there you won't eat it. I fell off the wagon so to speak, and got careless with my shopping and eating these past few weeks. Now, I am back on track and that's a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment