Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Get your Zest On!

Meyer Lemon Zest in bowl with whole Llemon

I picked my Meyer lemons and there were too many to use without juicing. Next, I surely did not want to miss out on the zest…so, I had to get my zest on and start the somewhat time consuming effort of zesting each one. Then cutting the lemons and juicing each one. Think of it as a loving meditation and you will have the pure delight of both zest and juice on hand when you need it. I put mine in the freezer, but you can also go the dehydration route and then bring them back to life with a little warm water soak before adding them in to your recipe.

For a wonderful list of other uses for Meyer lemons…check this link out.

http://www.latimes.com/style/la-fo-meyerlemons16jan16-story.html#page=1


No comments:

Post a Comment